18 Jun Volunteer team
Do something incredible for your community!
Over the last months, as a result of the government lockdown, thousands of children have missed out on the physical and mental health benefits that Coram’s Fields provides.
Over the Summer, we opened our park again to families. Things are very different now and we need a team of dedicated volunteers to help with a range of tasks across the site, to ensure that we can provide a safe and clean space for children and families.
What we’re looking for
- We’ve a wide range of roles to get involved and volunteers may stick to one task or mix it up a little. We’re looking for teams to help:
- Raise awareness of our fundraising efforts by talking to visitors about our emergency appeal, how to become a regular donor and signing people up to our mailing list.
- Support us with park upkeep, including planting and gardening and keeping the park tidy throughout the day.
- Be a trusted point of contact on site, for visitors, talking to them about Coram’s Fields and providing up to date information on the park and services.
What we’ll need from you
- Most of all, we need you to be a friendly, welcoming face for our visitors, comfortable with speaking with the public (at a safe distance of course)
- We need you to support us with our different planting and gardening projects around the park as well as keeping the park tidy
- We need you to be dependable and punctual and are asking all volunteers to commit at least 3hrs a week (or 12 hours a month) but we’d love people to do more if they can!
- You’ll have plenty of support, but you’ll also need to work without supervision, so will need to use your own initiative.
Training, supervision and support
- All volunteers will need to attend a volunteer induction at Coram’s Fields or via video conference.
- You’ll receive weekly briefings, so you know what needs to be done for the week ahead.
- You’ll also receive ongoing support from our team on site.
- We want our volunteers to be able to travel in safely – if you’re coming from a distance, we may be able to provide parking on site.
- All volunteers will also receive a personal PPE pack with masks, gloves and hand sanitisers for use when working or travelling.
- If you’re staying with us for a whole day, we’ll also provide you with a sandwich lunch.
or contact Laure Liarcou for more information:
Want to go the extra mile?
If you are interested in being a volunteer champion and taking on a bit of extra work to help us plan volunteer schedules, we’d absolutely love to hear from you.