18 Jun Volunteer team
Do something incredible for your community!
Updates March 2021: Volunteering is still allowed. This is one of the circumstances in which people are allowed to meet others from outside their household/support bubble in larger groups, but this should not be for socialising and must be within a covid-secure environment.
What we’re looking for
- We’ve a wide range of roles to get involved and volunteers may stick to one task or mix it up a little. We’re looking for teams to help:
- Raise awareness of our fundraising efforts by talking to visitors about our emergency appeal, how to become a regular donor and signing people up to our mailing list.
- Support us with park upkeep, including planting and gardening and keeping the park tidy throughout the day.
- Be a trusted point of contact on site, for visitors, talking to them about Coram’s Fields and providing up to date information on the park and services.
What we’ll need from you
- Most of all, we need you to be a friendly, welcoming face for our visitors, comfortable with speaking with the public (at a safe distance of course)
- We need you to support us with our different planting and gardening projects around the park as well as keeping the park tidy
- We need you to be dependable and punctual and are asking all volunteers to commit at least 3hrs a week (or 12 hours a month) but we’d love people to do more if they can!
- You’ll have plenty of support, but you’ll also need to work without supervision, so will need to use your own initiative.
Training, supervision and support
- All volunteers will need to attend a volunteer induction at Coram’s Fields or via video conference.
- You’ll receive weekly briefings, so you know what needs to be done for the week ahead.
- You’ll also receive ongoing support from our team on site.
- We want our volunteers to be able to travel in safely – if you’re coming from a distance, we may be able to provide parking on site.
- All volunteers will also receive a personal PPE pack with masks, gloves and hand sanitisers for use when working or travelling.
- If you’re staying with us for a whole day, we’ll also provide you with a sandwich lunch.
We will be launching very soon our Green Project! For more info, check our page and for joining our volunteer team:
or contact Laure Liarcou for more information:
Want to go the extra mile?
If you are interested in being a volunteer champion and taking on a bit of extra work to help us plan volunteer schedules, we’d absolutely love to hear from you.